8 Days Best of Mahale Mountains and Lake Tanganyika is one of the Tanzania Adventure Safari with less crowd.
Get ready for an 8 Days Adventure Safari with Africa Endless Cruising for an Adventure of a lifetime!
Day 1 – Fly from Dar es Salaam to Mbeya
The flight departs from Dar at 06h45 and arrives in Mbeya at 08h10. We collect your guests from the Mbeya airport and drive them to Lake Shore. This is an easy 8-hour drive with stops for guests to have a picnic breakfast and lunch. From Mbeya to Sumbawanga (5 hours) is all a new tarmac road. Then from Sumbawanga to Lake Shore via Namanyere (3 hours) it is tarmac for the first 40km and thereafter it is a gravel road that is being prepared for tarmac. The drive down from Namanyere to Lake Shore is really lovely as it goes through the Lwafe Game and Forest Reserve, down the escarpment to Lake Tanganyika. We arrive late afternoon and guests spend a night in one of our Lawn Bandas.
Day 2 – We set off early (around 06h30) in our local dhow, the Lake Wanderer.
Enroute guests enjoy a packed breakfast and a packed lunch. That night we set up a fly camp in one of the pristine bays along the Lake and have dinner around the fire at the water’s edge. There will be a boat driver, a waiter and a chef on board.
Day 3 – We continue up Lake Tanganyika to Mahale Mountains and go to pay our park fees and then set up a fly camp on the beach in Mahale.
Day 4 – We start with an early morning chimp trek and return to camp after seeing the chimps. We spend a second night camp in Mahale on the beach.
Day 5 – We have a second opportunity to see the chimps and do another morning chimp trek. Tonight is the last night camped inside Mahale National Park.
Day 6 – We set off early from Mahale and start our journey back to Lake Shore. We fly camp in another beautiful bay.
Day 7 – Today is the last day of boating. We arrive at Lake Shore in the afternoon and stay in a Lawn Banda.
Day 8 – We depart at 08h00 to drive back to Mbeya so that guests can catch the return flight back to Dar es Salaam. The flight leaves Mbeya at 18h15 and arrives in Dar at 19h40.
Price per person for 8 Days Best of Mahale Mountains and Lake Tanganyika depends on the number of guests!
• Flight from Dar es Salaam to Mbeya and Mbeya to Dar es Salaam on Fastjet including 1 x bag of up to 20kg per pax
• Vehicle transfer from Mbeya to Lake Shore and Lake Shore to Mbeya (maximum 4 x pax plus luggage)
• 2 x Nights accommodation at Lake Shore Lodge in a shared Lawn Banda
• 2 x Nights accommodation in fly camps en-route to or from Mahale Mountains National Park.
• 3 x Nights accommodation in a fly camp in Mahale National Park
• 2 x Chimp treks
• Park fees in Mahale National Park
• All meals
• Boat hire and fuel for trip from Lake Shore to Mahale and back to Lake Shore Lodge
• All staff costs for 1 x boat driver, 1 x waiter and 1 x chef
• All Tz Government taxes, VAT and Bed Night Levies.
• Drinks other than tea and coffee
• Other activities at Lake Shore (Diving, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, quad biking, massages)
• Tips for the TANAPA Rangers
US$ 4600 Per Person
All accommodation included
NOTE: Prices are per person in U.S. Dollars based on double/triple occupancy. All quotations are based on the current rates of park fees, VAT, other government taxes, and current exchange rates. Should any of these be increased or a new tax introduced, these increases will be added on even if your trip has already been paid for.